Sandometal is a Portuguese based company with over than 35 years of experience, dedicated to the production of HVAC systems for industry and services, Sandometal is known as a reference in the HVAC sector.
The basis of Sandometal development is the latest technology combined with the know-how and experience of employees and partners.Sandometal has 20% share of the Portuguese HVAC market and is proud of the progress made in the last decades.
Our main GOAL is to present more than products, is to present solutions.
Aware of market needs, in 2008, Sandometal started producing Air Handling Units. The main focus was SAVE AND ENSURE MAXIMUM ENERGY EFFICIENCY, and the objective was accomplished by using the latest components and technologies. In 2014 Sandometal has gained the confidence of different markets: Republic of Ireland; United Kingdom; France; Angola; Mozambique; Algeria; Italy. At this moment our sales overseas represent more than 50% of total revenue. This position is attained with a strong focus on client needs, market specifications and a technical assistance flexible and client oriented.
Sandometal Air Handling Units are specially designed to respect all the directives and norms in the European unit for HVAC systems, contributing to indoor air quality, thermal comfort and energy efficiency of the facilities in which they operate.
Covering the widest array of configurations, Sandometal Air Handling Unit eSDM line is among the most complete, versatile and robust currently on the market, providing the following advantages:
- Quality - Factory testing for guaranteed unit performance (EN1886, EN13053 and ISO 9001:2008) that provides an incomparable thermal efficiency, low leakages rates and sound levels, with high operating efficiency. Eurovent certification that provides a common platform for evaluating the equipment and gives the guaranteed to our customers the confident that we are supplying equipment that works in conformity with the specified requirements.
- Flexibility - Designed for easy installation and shipping (modular construction), with diversified sections and component options, and the ability to arrange components in whatever arrangement is required for each job.
- Access and Serviceability - Easy access to interior components including the fan and coil for routine maintenance and service.
- Modular construction with over than 140 models, inline horizontal or vertical, double deck or side-by-side units.
- Frame with aluminium profiles 40 or 60 mm with PVC reinforced corners and thermal break as standard, as optional without thermal break. TB1 and TB2 classes – EN 1886:2007.
- Double panels with Aluzinc AZ185 sheet with anti-finger print layer, for internal and external as standard, with 25 or 50 mm thickness polyurethane or rock wool insulation,as optional pre-painted or stainless steel sheet. T2 class – EN 1886:2007.
- Panel fixed to the frame by a glazing bead with double seal.
- Leakage Class L2 – EN1886:2007.
- Mechanical strength class D1 – EN1886:2007.
- Access doors with hinges and easy opening key with lock.
- Airflow range from 0,10 to 50 m3/s.
- Pre-filter – G2, G4 or M5.
- Bag or rigid filter - G4, M5, M6, F7, F8 e F9.
- Absolute filter - E10, E11, E12, H13 e H14.
- Eurovent certified filters.
- Filters supplied with special treatment that inhibits the growth of fungi and bacteria.
Cooling and heating sections
- Cooling and heating water coils.
- DX and condensing coils.
- Standard construction with copper tubes, aluminium fins and galvanized frame. As optional stainless steel tubes. Epoxy painted, copper or electro-tinned fins. Aluminium or stainless steel frames.
- Steam coils.
- Electric coils.
- Removable drain tray for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Eurovent certified coils.
- Integrated heat pump systems as optional.
Heat recovery sections
- Plate heat exchanger manufactured in aluminium, epoxy painted and by-pass as optional.
- Thermal wheel solutions with hygroscopic or sorption materials to increase efficiency.
- Double thermal wheel concept available to reduce cooling capacity, avoid reheating and get a good control of the supply air temperature.
- Run around coils.
- Plug fan with EC motor.
- Plug fan with AC motor and Frequency Converter.
- Belt driven centrifugal fan.
- Twin fans duty/share or duty/standby solutions.
- Meets future market demands in terms of efficiency and complies with ErP directive in 2015 and maximum Specific fan power values.
Control and Monitoring
- Integrated instrumentation and control. Sensors and controllers integrated in the unit, protected from the elements.
- Plug and play philosophy.
- Parameterization of the most important control variables to adapt the Air Handling unit to the HVAC system.
- Close loop PID controllers for: fans, cooling and heating coils, heat exchangers, humidifiers, mixing box.
- Monitoring systems available for maintenance and control, through small text displays to graphic colour touch panels.
- Integration in modern Building Management Systems complying with the most common communications protocol: ModBus, BacNet, Lon, KNX.
- Control philosophy defined for indoor air comfort and energy efficiency objective.
We have confidence in our AHU and we consider that we put on the Market TOP quality equipment that meets the most demanding requirements.
For further information visit: Sandometal website.
Share this article on LinkedIn