STULZ IeCE Indirect Evaporative Cooling Equipment
The Indirect Evaporative Solution
STULZ Indirect Evaporative Cooling Equipment (IeCE) embodies the STULZ commitment to efficiency. It is an indirect evaporative cooling solution, designed to remove heat by exploiting the evaporation of water.
With an air-to-air heat exchanger STULZ IeCE is able to meet modern needs for modern IT cooling without introducing the contaminants from outside air, all while achieving potential savings of up to 75% over traditional mechanical cooling methods.
- Provides tremendous energy savings vs standard Direct
- Designed specifically for the demands of mission critical data centers
- Utilizes trusted data center specific control and interface with BMS
- Options for DX and CW trim cooling or 100% back-up cooling
- Durable construction
Energy Saving Design
STULZ IeCE is designed to provide efficient and continuous temperature control 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. IeCE systems are intended as centralized cooling solutions that are located outside the conditioned space, freeing up valuable floor space and facilitating free cooling options such as indirect evaporative cooling.
Indirect evaporative cooling takes advantage of the cooling potential from outside air without introducing contaminants or humidity into the data center. A plate heat exchanger isolates the supply air from the outside air and the evaporation of water is used for cooling.
STULZ E² Controller
STULZ E² is the standard microprocessor controller across all STULZ product platforms, providing precision monitoring and control of your mission critical environment.
Supervisory control capability is an available option to synchronize a group of air handlers serving a common space.
Energy Efficient Modes of Operation
During the cold season, the scavenger air is capable of cooling the data center air without assistance from the evaporative system.
Even when the ambient temperature is moderately warm to cold, scavenger air can be used exclusively to cool the data center air. Dry Mode can most likely be used every night, even in the middle of summer.
During the warm season the evaporative system is utilized.
Wet Mode applies when ambient temperature is hot, necessitating the use of evaporative cooling, but relatively dry so evaporative cooling can effectively drop the temperature appropriately.
DX & CW Assist Mode
In extreme weather situations, the Direct Expansion (DX) or Chilled Water (CW) systems are used to supplement the cooling, as needed.
DX/CW Assist Mode applies when ambient temperature and humidity are both high, reducing the effectiveness of evaporative cooling and necessitating the need for “trim” cooling from a DX or CW system.
Achieve up to 75% in Energy Savings!
The STULZ IeCE achieves the highest level of realistic energy savings for data center cooling. The unit achieves this by utilizing the outside air and a sophisticated evaporative system which transfers heat from the data center air to the scavenger air through a heat exhanger. With ideal environmental conditions, the STULZ IeCE achieves the maximum savings, and a pPUE of 1.03.
Evaporative Operation & Heat Exchanger
Aluminum Plate Heat Exchanger
• Separates data center air from outside air
• Coated for corrosion resistance
• Excellent heat transfer efficiency compared with plastic or composite pipes
• Lower pressure drop in general which gives lower running cost
• More compact size gives better flexibility
• Fully recyclable & environmentally friendly
Re-circulating Water System
• Integral pump
• Sump water level detection
• Automatic drain and fill
• Can utilize almost any clean water, including filtered rain water
• Does not require RO or DI
• Direct driven, EC variable speed fans are maintenance free and do not require external VFD’s for variable speed control
• Regulate air volume for temperature control
• Used as condenser fans with the DX cooling option
• Multiple fans provide built in redundancy, in the event of a fan failure the remaining fans continue operation to provide cooling supply air
High Quality Unit Construction
• Aluminum, double wall cabinet panels provide excellent corrosion resistance
• Air filter frame includes integral gaskets and utilizes mechanical fasteners to ensure a tight filter seal
• Universal filter frame design allows almost any filter up to F8
• Foam insulation
• Hinged access doors
• Galvanized steel standard
• Provides flexibility for various mounting configurations
• Corrosion resistant
• Lift points for shipping and rigging
• Provides path for scavenger air flow
• Cabinet and base ship as a unitized assembly
STULZ IeCE Technical Evaluation Center
The STULZ IeCE Technical Evaluation Center, located in Frederick, MD is an interactive testing module in the US manufacturing plant. This facility tests STULZ IeCE for performance and efficiency, at conditions reflecting various locations.
With 3 buildings and 218,000 sq. ft. of space, STULZ employs a full sales, engineering, production and product support staff on-site.
STULZ encourages customers to see the IeCE Solution in person at the Maryland facility. This allows them to participate in witness testing, see the production space and talk to data center experts for cooling solution recommendations.
The Mission Critical Application Experts
The Cooling Experts
As a world leader in mission critical cooling solutions for over 40 years, STULZ knows Data Centers and is committed to providing their customers with the right solution, customized to their specific requirements.
In addition to their extensive experience with indoor mounted solutions, STULZ has over 20 years of experience building outdoor air handlers for mission critical applications.
As the proven data center cooling experts, the STULZ team is uniquely qualified to provide the most reliable, energy efficient cooling solution.
Globally Close to You
Today, many companies are active on a global scale. They need a reliable, capable partner who can support them in all markets.
The STULZ Group, headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, has 16 international daughter companies, and employs over5,000 people worldwide. In another 120 countries, STULZ has carefully selected sales and service partners, providing worldwide solutions and services to their customers.
For more information please visit www.stulz-ats.com.